- Format: Online, self-paced
- Price: Free
- Length: 1 hour
- Competencies: Communication
- Learning Level: Awareness
- Supplemental materials: Course Guide and Technical Requirements (PDF)
About this course
Whether you are managing a single community program or an entire public health department, understanding the basic principles of branding and marketing can be crucial to your success. Every program and organization has key stakeholders, and the goal of this course is to offer you concrete strategies for communicating with those stakeholders in order to support your broader program and organizational goals.
What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to...
- Describe the four pillars of building a strong brand
- Outline the steps for developing an effective marketing communications plan which includes:
- Understanding the mission and goals
- Knowing the audience
- Identifying the core umbrella messaging
- Defining messaging by target audience, and
- Identifying and prioritizing tactics
- Describe the importance of educating the staff and other stakeholders on desired brand behaviors, and
- Identify and track success metrics.
Subject Matter Expert
Marketing Consultant ML Brand Strategy Consulting
Note there are two different options for enrolling in this course highlighted in the table below.
The Certificate of Completion will include the length of the module. Generally 50 – 60 minutes is equivalent to 1 contact hour. Contact hours may be applicable towards continuing education requirements for certain credentials. Check with your credentialing body to verify if the topic meets its continuing education requirements.
|For a Certificate of Completion
|To Audit (No Certificate)