- Format: Self-paced
- Price: Free
- Length: 1.0 hours
- Competencies: Analytical/Assessment, Communication Skills, Leadership & Systems Thinking Skills
- Learning Level: Awareness
- Supplemental materials: Course Guide and Technical Requirements (PDF)
About this course
As a manager, you wear two hats that can be difficult to manage effectively. On one hand, you have to evaluate your employees and make decisions regarding promotions, demotions, salary actions, and terminations. On the other hand, you are also a coach and an advocate for your employees' success. Employees may be reluctant to be frank and discuss weaknesses or mistakes. While there is no perfect solution, this course will help you to understand the problems and provide you with a strategy to effectively balance these two inherently conflicting roles.
What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to...
- Apply the four-step coaching process
- Make clear separations between performance reviews and developmental coaching sessions
- Demonstrate how to listen effectively and with empathy
- Recognize how to discuss performance issues that will impact an employee's ability to achieve his/her goals
Enrollment and Contact Hours
Note there are two different options for enrolling in this course highlighted in the table below.
The Certificate of Completion will include the length of the module. Generally 50 – 60 minutes is equivalent to 1 contact hour. Contact hours may be applicable towards continuing education requirements for certain credentials. Check with your credentialing body to verify if the topic meets its continuing education requirements.
|For a Certificate of Completion
|To Audit (No Certificate)
Having trouble accessing the course? Contact email@example.com