- Format: Self-paced
- Price: Free
- Length: 1 hour
- Competencies: Analytical/Assessment, Communication Skills, Leadership and Systems Thinking Skills
- Learning Level: Awareness
- Supplemental materials: Course Guide and Technical Requirements (PDF)
About this course
An effective onboarding plan helps new employees adjust to their jobs by establishing better relationships, clarifying expectations and objectives, and providing support through feedback, coaching and follow-up. This leads to higher job satisfaction and performance, lower employee stress, greater commitment to the organization, and decreased staff turnover.
What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to...
- Name three ways effective onboarding programs help new employees adjust to their jobs
- List six benefits of an effective onboarding program
- Describe the 4 C’s that every onboarding plan should include
- Design an onboarding plan for new employees that covers day one, week one, and 30/60/90 day check-ins
Subject Matter Expert
Brenda Wagenknecht-Ivey, Ph.D.
CEO, PRAXIS Consulting, Inc.
Enrollment and Contact Hours
Note there are two different options for enrolling in this course highlighted in the table below.
The Certificate of Completion will include the length of the module. Generally 50 – 60 minutes is equivalent to 1 contact hour. Contact hours may be applicable towards continuing education requirements for certain credentials. Check with your credentialing body to verify if the topic meets its continuing education requirements.
|For a Certificate of Completion
|To Audit (No Certificate)
Having trouble accessing the course? Contact email@example.com