Integration of Community Health Workers Into a Community Health Center Pharmacy
What is the role of CHWs in a Pharmacy? How can CHWs help pharmacies be more effective?
- Audience: The intended audience for this training is pharmacy directors, medical directors, clinical directors, CHW supervisors, and community health workers
- Format: Webinar
- Date/Time: October 17, 2017
- Price: Free
- Length: 1 hour
- Credential(s) eligible for contact hours Certificate of completion
- Competencies: Public Health Science Skills
- Learning Level: Awareness
- Companion trainings Teach Back
- Supplemental materials: None
About this Webinar
Integrating Community Health Workers into a Pharmacy Setting is a worthwhile challenge. This course offers practical advice on how community health workers are utilized in a federally qualified health center. Learn from experts who systematized the CHW role in both pharmacy and primary care.
What you'll learn
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the community health worker role in medication therapy management program in an urban pharmacy setting
- Identify 4 essential skills for community health workers in the pharmacy setting
- State the target population for community health workers
- Name two outreach settings described in the training
Subject Matter Expert
Jerril Varghese, PharmD, RPh
Holyoke Health Center, Inc (HHC)
Registration and Contact Hours
Select the Enroll button below to register for this webinar. If you have any trouble accessing the webinar, contact email@example.com.
The Certificate of Completion will include the length of the webinar. Generally 50 – 60 minutes is equivalent to 1 contact hour. Contact hours may be applicable towards continuing education requirements for certain credentials. Check with your credentialing body to verify if the topic meets its continuing education requirements.