Role of Community Health Workers in the Prevention of Diabetes Part 1
How are community health workers making a difference in diabetes prevention and treatment?Register
- Audience: Community health workers, CHW supervisors, Community Health Centers
- Format: Webinar
- Date/Time: January 25, 2018
- Price: Free
- Length: 1 hour
- Credential(s) eligible for contact hours Certificate of completion
- Competencies: Public Health Science Skills
- Learning Level: Awareness
- Companion trainings:Role of Community Health Workers in the Prevention of Diabetess Part 2 (Friday, February 2, 2018, 1:00-2:00 pm ET)
- Supplemental materials: PowerPoint
About this Webinar
This is a two-part, interactive webinar.
Part 1: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 09:00 - 10:00 am ET
Part 2: Friday, February 2, 2018, 1:00-2:00 pm ET
Community health workers play an important role in the prevention and treatment of diabetes. Learn the basics of diabetes with a focus on prevention and see how CHW's are making a difference.
What you'll learn
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe 2 types of diabetes
- List 3 risk factors for diabetes
- State 3 types of prevention activities
- List 2 prevention programs
Subject Matter Expert
W. MA Public Health Training Center
Kelly Henry, RN, CDE
Cooley Dickinson Medical Group,
Registration and Contact Hours
Select the Enroll button below to register for this webinar. If you have any trouble accessing the webinar, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Certificate of Completion will include the length of the webinar. Generally 50 – 60 minutes is equivalent to 1 contact hour. Contact hours may be applicable towards continuing education requirements for certain credentials. Check with your credentialing body to verify if the topic meets its continuing education requirements.